Michael helped design the ring.
The proposal
We went to Grand Lake for the Labor Day weekend. A nice long week in yet another unexplored part of CO. Since it was my birthday that week we were also celebrating that. I thought maybe he would ask, seemed like a nice weekend for it. The weekend went on. We went to the hot springs on Sunday. He treated me to a facial, the springs, and we were going to do dinner. Our reservations ended up being later than I had wanted. I was famished! So we went back to the house and ordered pizza. No proposal. We played an exciting game of monopoly and ate some cake for the birthday celebration. He caught me thinking and asked. I said, well, I kinda though maybe you would ask me since we were having such a nice weekend. He said when the timing is right. I dismissed the idea for this weekend. Later in the evening, we were just hanging out in our room at the B & B. It was getting late, and I was tired. He asked me if I would rub his back. If anybody knows me, I was tired, I really didn’t want to rub his back, but I did. Michael says, I think there is some lotion in my bag, I start to sigh. I go into the bag, and didn’t find anything. He says check the top pocket. I open it…………..there is a pair of socks. I move the socks………..and there is a box. I just looked at him and said, “Are you serious”? I burst in to tears. HE got on the ground, started crying, and asked me to marry him. Did I tell you I was carrying the bag around all day, not even knowing? Needless to say I was shocked, and that’s how he wanted it.


4 comments:
Yeahhh Congratulations!!!!
Now it will be Mr. and Mrs. McHottie :)
Love you both!
Beth
WOO HOO!!! Congratulations...the ring is beautiful:) Set a date yet?
Aw, so sweet!! Congrats!
Congrats! Yeah! I LOVE the ring!
Post a Comment